Friday, January 20, 2012

Cancun....My Love Affair - Pt. 1

Hello guys I'm back and this time I'm in Cancun.  I must confess to everyone that Cancun is my favorite vacation destination.  Dwayne and I have been traveling to Cancun for the past 9 years, our first time was in September 2004. During that vacation we purchased a time share at the Royal Sands Resort.

September 2005, was the first year we stayed at our newly purchased vacation villa, week 38.  What we love so much about this destination is the culture, the beautiful hues of blue water, the amazing service, great food, vibrant nightlife, awesome tours and most of all the great wedding locations.  Cancun always feels like home to us as a matter of fact, when we arrive at the Royal Sands the staff greets us by saying "Welcome Home", the Royal Sands is surely our home away from home. 

We have made plenty of friends or I guess you may say vacation family members who we keep in touch with through out the year. We look forward to seeing them every year, we all greet each other with big hugs and talk about how we've been anticipating our vacation all year.  Most of the members that own at the Royals Sands, vacation in Cancun for at least 2-4 weeks.  Within the past three years Dwayne and I have been blessed to extend our vacation to Cancun from one week to a little over two weeks, sixteen days to be exact!  Don't you just hate us...somebody has to do it...lol.  Believe me it is so hard to come home after being in paradise for sixteen days, let me say it again....SIXTEEN DAYS! 

The Royal Sands - Our home away from home
                                                                                                                              
Cancun has something for everyone, if you're an adventure seeker, try the ziplining excursion Xplor or Xtreme Kingdom, if you like to snorkel or dive, try the new Underwater Museum tour or Xel-Ha, the world's largest natural aquarium, take a day tour and visit the ancient Mayan ruins, XCARET or Chichen Itza, if upscale shopping is what you're looking for then hop on over to La Isla Plaza and the Kulkukahn Mall, dine at Captain's Cove, Ruth Chris, Carlos & Charley, Bubba Gumps or a romantic steak & lobster cruise on the Columbus.  If you get the chance to vaction in Cancun take a day and go down to Playa del Carmen browse the shops and eateries on 5th Avenue.  Playa del Carmen is about 45 minutes to an hour away from Cancun.  In September the resort gave a day trip me, Dwayne, Anita and Jacqui went.  We had a great time in fact, the above picture is of me in Playa.  There is so much that I can say about Cancun as you can see...lol, this destination is my love affair.

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I sure wish I could have been there! Next time you go can I go with you? Sure looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the next time I go I would love for you to accompany me.

      Delete

Please share your comments with us.